Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The research I have done in the last week has been very eye-opening. At first I was just doing fast food advertising but then I started thinking about my own life. I then changed my research topic to advertising to children. I have found a lot of information about this. There are people on both sides of this story. Advertisers see children as their greatest profit maker. Parents and health professionals see these ads as detrimental to their child’s future health. I have seen in my research that in the last few years there has been a shift in advertising to children. Companies are now trying to advertise healthier foods to children, rather than the high calorie and fattening foods they have advertised in the past. I have a really hard time with coming up with a thesis but at this time I think my thesis will be along the lines of how advertisers target children to market their products to. My purpose of writing at this point, I am pretty sure, is to make my readers aware of the tactics that marketers use that the every day individual may not even be aware of. I am really glad that I have decided to switch my topic since posting my game plan. I have found that I am much more interested in advertising to kids rather than just plain marketing. I did not know how interested I was in this topic before seeing an article about it and deciding to choose it as my research topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment