Friday, July 24, 2009

1. Which prompt do you think you will select? Why does this one appeal to you over the others?

-I am thinking about choosing option number 2 because I have specific memories of when my family gets together and cooks

2. Which mode(s) of writing will be most helpful to you in terms of creating content? Will you primarily tell a story, compare and/or contrast or describe, for example? What other modes of writing/thinking will you utilize?

-I will for most of the paper use the narration mode. I will also utilize description in telling the story of what happens when my family gets together.

3. What specific details will you include for your reader? Why are these details important? What will they accomplish?

-I will provide specific details on the place to set in the readers mind the setting, details on the types of food prepared at every get together, and how my family reacts to these get-togethers.

4. What “place(s)” or “scene(s)” will you try to recreate for your reader? Why are they crucial?

- our lake house is crucial in the story because that is where most of the cooking and family time takes place, there is also one occasion at our house in Evansville that has importance.

5. Thinking in terms of a working thesis, what do you think will be your main reason for writing? What are you hoping to accomplish in your essay?

-my main reason for writing this essay is to provide the reader with an experience of mine that most everyone can relate to, family get-togethers with specific dishes of food.

6. What problems or struggles do you experience when it comes to writing? How can you overcome these difficulties?

-I have a really bad problem with getting my papers to flow properly. The only thing I have found to work is getting someone else to read it and get their suggestions for a better flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment